Apr 6, 2015

Miscellaneous Monday #6 ~ Flamingo's Rockin' Recipes ~ Apple Streusel Pie


Happy Monday everyone!  Today we are talking tasty desserts and you are getting my rockin' recipe for Apple Streusel Pie!  Because I make most of my dessert recipes as sugar free as possible, so I have also listed the changes I have made to make it that way.


One Unbaked Pie Crust
One Can Apple Pie Filling (regular or No Sugar Added)
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (or 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar and 1/4 Cup Splenda)
1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter or Margarine
1/2 Cup Oats (I prefer Quick Oats but you can use either)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Pour can of Apple Pie Filling into pie crust.
Mix flour, sugar, and oats in a bowl.  Cut in butter with a fork or pastry blender.
Pour crumb topping over pie filling.

Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy warm or cooled down.

This recipe can be taken up a notch by serving warm with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment