Mar 3, 2014

Best Kind Of Broken by Chelsea Fine ~ Review

Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)
 Pixie and Levi haven't spoken in nearly a year when they find themselves working―and living―at the same inn in the middle of nowhere. Once upon a time, they were childhood friends. But that was before everything went to hell. And now things are... awkward.

All they want to do is avoid each other, and their past, for as long as possible. But now that they're forced to share a bathroom, and therefore a shower, keeping their distance from one another becomes less difficult than keeping their hands off each other. Welcome to the hallway of awkward tension and sexual frustration, folks. Get comfy. It’s going to be a long summer.


I really enjoyed every minute of this book.  It had really great characters that were well developed.  I enjoyed both Pixie and Levi.  They have A LOT of history.  I generally hate flashbacks but the way that Chelsea Fine included them as thoughts and kept them simple it didn't bother me at all. I liked the side characters in the book as well.  They had a great presence without being overwhelming and were essential to the story.  I especially enjoyed Levi's friend Zack and his buddy Marvin.  I would love it if Zack had is own book.  I think he would be great fun to spend some time with.

The pacing of the book was excellent.  I never felt like it was rushed or that there was a bunch of filler holding it back.  The progression between Levi and Pixie dealing with their past together, as well as their current situations, the ones that effected them both together and the ones they had to deal with individually, were well represented and woven together with ease.  

I will be reading more from Chelsea Fine.  Her writing style fit me well and I plan to read more of her books as well as the next book in this series, Perfect Kind of Trouble, due out in June 2014.

This is definitely a New Adult book, and as such I would not recommend it to anyone under the age of 18.   

Flamingo gives 
Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine
8 pink flamingos

 

No comments:

Post a Comment